Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Paulista) IPA(key): /es.ˌtɾe.me.ˈse(ɾ)/, is-, -(ɹ)
- (South Brazil) IPA(key): /es.ˌtɾe.me.ˈse(ɾ)/, is-, -(ɻ)
- to cause to shake
- O terramoto estremeceu o prédio.
- The earthquake shook the building.
- to shake; to tremble
- O prédio estremeceu devido ao terramoto.
- The building shook due to the earthquake.
- to shiver
- Estremeciamos no frio.
- We were shivering in the cold.
- to terrify; to send shivers down someone's spine
- first-person singular (eu) personal infinitive of estremecer
- third-person singular (ele and ela, also used with você and others) personal infinitive of estremecer
- first-person singular (eu) future subjunctive of estremecer
- third-person singular (ele and ela, also used with você and others) future subjunctive of estremecer
Conjugation of the Portuguese -er verb estremecer
- (to cause to shake): abalar, balançar, chacoalhar, sacudir
- (to tremble): tremer
- (to terrify): amedrontar, apavorar, aterrorizar
- Rule: c becomes a zc before a or o.
- 1 Mostly obsolete form, now mainly used in legal jargon.
These forms are generated automatically and may not actually be used. Pronoun usage varies by region.