Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (informal) Mentally senile.
- The elderly patients in the hospital were going gaga.
- (informal) Crazy.
- You might go gaga if you stare at this screen too long.
- Should he lose it once and for all, he and Kathleen would need lots of money. Also, he had said to me, you could be gaga in a tenured chair at Princeton, and would anybody notice?
- (informal) Infatuated.
- The girls were going gaga over the handsome new boy who joined the class.
- As demonstrated in the example sentences above, gaga is often preceded by the verb go.
- “gaga” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
gaga (plural gagai)
- rōmaji reading of
- From Proto-Turkic
declension of gaga