Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
diligence (plural diligences)
- conscientiousness or determination or perseverance when doing something
- A public stage-coach. (19th century, now used only in reference to France or other European countries including Great Britain.)
- (religion) One of the seven heavenly virtues, opposite the vice of sloth.
- (law, Scotland) The process by which persons, lands, or effects are seized for debt; process for enforcing the attendance of witnesses or the production of writings.
conscientiousness or determination or perseverance when doing something
(religion) One of the seven contrary virtues, opposite the vice of sloth
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked