Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
mound; tomb; hill; mountain
|simp. and trad.
- fashionable (young men)
- 尹雪艷總也不老。十幾年前那一班在上海百樂門舞廳替他捧場的五陵年少，有些頭上開了頂，有些鬢添了霜。 [MSC, trad.]
- 尹雪艳总也不老。十几年前那一班在上海百乐门舞厅替他捧场的五陵年少，有些头上开了顶，有些鬓添了霜。 [MSC, simp.]
- From: 1965: Pai Hsien-yung, Taipei People, The Eternal Snow Beauty (Taipei People bilingual edition, ISBN 9622018599)
- Yǐn Xuěyàn zǒng yě bù lǎo. Shí jǐ nián qián nà yī bān zài Shànghǎi Bǎilèmén Wǔtīng tì tā pěngchǎng de wǔlíng niánshào, yǒuxiē tóushang kāi le dǐng, yǒuxiē bìn tiān le shuāng. [Pinyin]
- Yin Hsueh-yen somehow never seemed to age. Of those fashionable young men who had been her admirers more than a dozen years ago in Shanghai's Paramount Ballroom, some had grown bald on top and some were graying at the temples.
- The five Imperial tombs which are referenced in the Book of Han. All five tombs were located in the vicinity of the ancient capital of Chang'an. The tombs were a favorite hangout for all of the fashionable young men of the area. The names of the five tombs were: