- Phonetic Hangul[암]
|Revised Romanization (translit.)?
암 • (am)
- A Hangul syllabic block made up of ㅇ, ㅏ, and ㅁ.
Sino-Korean word from 癌 (“cancer”)
암 • (am) (hanja 癌)
- cancer (illness)
- 폐암 (肺癌, pyeam, “lung cancer”)
- 간암 (肝癌, ganam, “liver cancer”)
- 악성종양 (惡性腫瘍, akseongjong-yang, “a malignant tumor; cancer”)
From Middle Korean 아ᇡ (amh). The final h leaves traces in fossilised compounds, changing following consonants into aspirated consonants, when possible.
암 • (am-)
- female, she- (non-human)
- 암컷 (amkeot, “female animal”)
- 암소 (amso, “cow”)
- 암퇘지 (amtwaeji, “sow”)
- 암캐 (amkae, “bitch, she-dog”)
- 암말 (ammal, “mare”)
- 암꽃 (amkkot, “female flower”)
- 암탉 (amtak, “hen”)
Koresn reading of various Chinese characters.