Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (idiomatic; with the preposition with) To conclude, turn out, sometimes unexpectedly.
- How did things end up with you and the bricklayer? — Great. We got married!
- (idiomatic) To arrive at a destination, sometimes unexpectedly.
- I was going for a stroll, and ended up in Slovakia.
- (of a set of events) To eventually do
- We spent a long time looking for a cheaper deal, but we ended up buying from the first dealer we met.
- To lift or tilt, so as to set on end.
- to end up a hogshead
conclude, turn out
arrive at a destination