Jump to navigation Jump to search
- one; single; aone; single; a; (before verbs) as soon as, once; (before a noun) entire (family, etc.)home; family; ‑isthome; family; ‑ist; ‑er; ‑ian; measure word for stores and schools
's; him/her/it; thisto speak; to say; talkto speak; to say; talk; word simp. and trad.
一 家 之 言
- statements of a school; (merely) one school of thought
- 序略，以拾遺補蓺，成一家之言，厥協六經異傳，整齊百家雜語。 [Classical Chinese, trad.]
- From: The Records of the Grand Historian, by Sima Qian, circa 91 BCE
- Xù lüè, yǐ shíyí bǔyì, chéng yījiāzhīyán, jué xié liùjīng yìzhuàn, zhěngqí bǎijiā záyǔ. [Pinyin]
- With these brief notes, I hope that I may add to the lost parts of the Canons and Arts, establish another school of scholarship, thereby provide accompaniment to the voluminous commentaries on the Six Classics, and consolidate the diverse teachings by the previous masters.
序略，以拾遗补蓺，成一家之言，厥协六经异传，整齐百家杂语。 [Classical Chinese, simp.]
- (often humble) one's own thought, opinion, interpretation, etc. (implying bias, incompleteness, etc.)