Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
|(affectionate prefix)||maternal aunt|
|simp. and trad.
- Cantonese (Jyutping): aa3 ji4-1
- Hakka (Sixian, PFS): â-yì
- Min Nan (POJ): a-î
- Min Nan
- (informal, affectionate) auntie; maternal aunt (mother's sister)
- (childish, affectionate) auntie: a form of address for any woman around one's mother's age
- A form of address for working-age female caretakers, including nurses, cleaning ladies, live-in staff, etc.
- (euphemistic) mom; mother
- (mother's sister):