Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: extensión
- The act of extending or the state of being extended; a stretching out; enlargement in breadth or continuation of length; increase; augmentation; expansion.
- That property of a body by which it occupies a portion of space (or time, e.g. "spatiotemporal extension")
- (semantics) Capacity of a concept or general term to include a greater or smaller number of objects; — correlative of intension.
2011 July 20, Edwin Mares, “Propositional Functions”, in The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, retrieved 2012-07-15:
- In addition to concepts and conceptual senses, Frege holds that there are extensions of concepts. Frege calls an extension of a concept a ‘course of values’. A course of values is determined by the value that the concept has for each of its arguments. Thus, the course of values for the concept __ is a dog records that its value for the argument Zermela is the True and for Socrates is the False, and so on. If two concepts have the same values for every argument, then their courses of values are the same. Thus, courses of values are extensional.
- (banking, finance) A written engagement on the part of a creditor, allowing a debtor further time to pay a debt.
- (medicine) The operation of stretching a broken bone so as to bring the fragments into the same straight line.
- (weightlifting) An exercise in which an arm or leg is straightened against resistance.
- (fencing) A simple offensive action, consisting of extending the weapon arm forward.
- (telecommunications) A numerical code used to specify a specific telephone in a telecommunication network.
- (computing) A file extension.
- Files with the .txt extension usually contain text.
- (computing) An optional software component that adds functionality to an application.
- a browser extension
- (logic) The set of tuples of values that, used as arguments, satisfy the predicate.
- (grammar) A kind of derivative morpheme applied to verbs in Bantu languages.
- (semantics): denotation
- (exercise): curl
act of extending or the state of being extended
anatomy: that property of a body by which it occupies a portion of space
semantics: capacity of a concept or general term to include a greater or smaller number of objects
finance: written engagement on the part of a creditor
medicine: operation of stretching a broken bone
weightlifting: an exercise
fencing: a simple offensive action, consisting of extending the weapon arm forward
telecommunication: phone extension number
computing: file extension
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
extension f (plural extensions)