离 (radical 114 禸+6, 11 strokes, cangjie input 卜山大月 (YUKB), four-corner 00227, composition ⿱㐫禸)
- 離 禽, 篱, 璃, 摛, 樆, 漓, 瞝, 縭/缡, 蓠, 螭, 䄜, 㷰, 褵, 謧, 醨, 魑, 麶, 黐, 䅻, 䍠, 䬜, 𠻗, 𠌯, 𡴥, 𡼁, 𢟢, 𣉽, 𣯤, 𤗫, 𤜏, 𤡢, 𥕮, 𥻿, 𦔓, 𧴁, 𨝏, 𩥬, 𪅆, 𪒔, 𪖂, 𪤋, 𪱩, 𫀥, 𫬎, 𬓞, 𬓟
- KangXi: page 848, character 7
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 24888
- Dae Jaweon: page 1270, character 2
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 1, page 287, character 11
- Unihan data for U+79BB
Pictogram (象形) – an animal, with head at top and butt and tail (厶) at bottom; compare tail in 鬼. Seemingly but not originally, 亠 + 凶 + 禸.
Exists as traditional character, but also Simplified from 離, in sense “depart”.
|For pronunciation and definitions of 离 – see 離.
(This character, 离, is the simplified form of 離.)
- a kind of legendary beast, Alternative form of 魑.
- bright, Alternative form of 離.
(uncommon “Hyōgai” kanji)
- rare beast
- On (unclassified): ち (chi), り (ri)
离 • (ri>i) (hangeul 리>이, revised ri>i, McCune-Reischauer ri>i, Yale li>i)
- to leave
- to divide