square; quadrilateral; place; region; direction; side; method; way; prescription; power; upright; just
|simp. and trad.
- Cantonese (Jyutping): sai1 fong1
- Hakka (Sixian, PFS): sî-fông
- Min Nan (POJ): se-hong / se-hng
- Min Nan
- (Hokkien: Xiamen, Quanzhou, Zhangzhou, mainstream Taiwanese)
- (Hokkien: Quanzhou, Xiamen, Zhangzhou)
- the West
The Standard Dictionary of Contemporary Chinese defines 西方 in the modern sense as being made up of the various developed capitalist countries, which includes Japan. However, Japan is generally not considered a Western country by the average native speaker of Chinese.
|Kanji in this term|
|Hán tự in this word|