Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (of a dress) lightweight, so as to rise when the wearer is walking.
- (music) light, hypnotic and relaxing.
- Having a feeling of extreme calm, as if floating through the air.
- (lightweight, rising): billowy
floaty (plural floaties)
- (informal) A lilo or similar item that floats on water and can be sat on.
- (informal) A particle of food, etc. found floating in liquid.
2002, Trena Cole, Charred Souls: A Story of Recreational Child Abuse, page 29:
- I have always loved the way he just walks up and feels free to drink out my glass or bottle of water. I admit, when he was a baby I tried to give him his own sippy cup and avoid the little 'floaties' that little ones leave in your drink.
- 2011, Judy Reiser, Admit It, You're Crazy!
- […] once the Oreos are gone I can't drink the milk with the floaties in it no matter how much milk is left.
- Michael Thomas, Joy Thomas, The Quest For The Cold Soda (page 163)
- Ha, try backpacking sometime mister, we drink water that has dirt in it...I mean literally there is dirt in our water bladders (or other floaties like leaves) and we drink it no problem!