See also: Grapevine
grapevine (plural grapevines)
- The plant, a vine of genus Vitis, on which grapes grow.
- Although many grape vines have geographical names, those rarely reflect their real origin, if known at all.
- A rumor.
- An informal person-to-person means of circulating information or gossip.
- I heard through the grapevine that Jim will be leaving soon.
- (skating) A move in which the feet are alternately placed in front of each other, while both remaining on the ice or ground, incorporating half-turns.
- (wrestling) A leglock.
- (informal person-to-person means of circulating information): bush telegraph, jungle telegraph, mulga wire, rumor mill
the plant on which grapes grow
informal means of circulating gossip
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked