Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Of whom, belonging to whom; used as an interrogative pronoun.
- Whose wallet is this?
- Of whom, belonging to whom; used as a relative pronoun.
- This is the man whose dog caused the accident. (=This man's dog caused the accident.)
1922, Ben Travers, chapter 5, in A Cuckoo in the Nest:
- The most rapid and most seductive transition in all human nature is that which attends the palliation of a ravenous appetite. […] Can those harmless but refined fellow-diners be the selfish cads whose gluttony and personal appearance so raised your contemptuous wrath on your arrival?
- (formerly proscribed) Of which, belonging to which; used as a relative pronoun.
- We saw several houses whose roofs are falling off. (=The roofs are falling off several houses we saw.)
of whom (interrogative)
of whom (relative)
of which (relative)