圣 (radical 32, 土+2, 5 strokes, cangjie input 水土 (EG), four-corner 17104, composition ⿱又土)
- 怪, 𡌪 (Used as phonetic component)
- 柽, 蛏 (Simplified Chinese characters with 聖 component simplified to 圣)
- 径, 経, 軽, 茎 (Japanese shinjitai characters with 巠 component simplified to 圣)
- 𠱅, 𢫞, 𣲾, 㹩, 𫔽, 𦙾, 䇈, 𫒔, 𭭬, 壡, 𠡍, 頚, 𫞬
- KangXi: page 223, character 6
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 4873
- Dae Jaweon: page 455, character 5
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 1, page 417, character 15
- Unihan data for U+5723
Unorthodox variant of 聖 found in the Ming dynasty orthographic dictionaries 《俗書刊誤》 and 《字學三正》.
|For pronunciation and definitions of 圣 – see 聖 (“noble; holy; sacred; etc.”).|
(This character, 圣, is the simplified and variant form of 聖.)
Shuowen Jiezi: Ideogrammic compound (會意): 又 + 土.
- † to dig
(uncommon “Hyōgai” kanji)
- On (unclassified): けい (kei), きょう (kyō)
- This character does not appear to be used in modern Japanese. However, it may be found as a simplified component of 巠 in Japanese shinjitai (eg. in 經 → 経).
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text