Ideogrammic compound (會意): 又 + 土.
Simplified from 巠 as component in Japanese shinjitai (in 經 → 経).
圣 (radical 32 土+2, 5 strokes, cangjie input 水土 (EG), four-corner 17104, composition ⿱又土)
- 怪, 𡌪, as phonetic
- 蛏, 柽, as simplification in Chinese
- 経, 軽, 径, 茎, as simplification in Japanese
- KangXi: page 223, character 6
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 4873
- Dae Jaweon: page 455, character 5
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 1, page 417, character 15
- Unihan data for U+5723
|For pronunciation and definitions of 圣 – see 聖 (“noble; holy; sacred; etc.”).
(This character, 圣, is the simplified and variant form of 聖.)
- to dig
(uncommon “Hyōgai” kanji)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text
- On (unclassified): けい (kei), きょう (kyō)
This character does not appear to be used in modern Japanese.