授 (radical 64, 手+8, 11 strokes, cangjie input 手月月水 (QBBE), four-corner 52047, composition ⿰扌受)
- KangXi: page 436, character 19
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 12242
- Dae Jaweon: page 786, character 5
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): volume 3, page 1901, character 2
- Unihan data for U+6388
Phono-semantic compound (形聲, OC *djus): semantic 手 (“hand”) + phonetic 受 (OC *tuːs, *djuʔ).
There are actually three “hands” in this character, as 爫 also means “hand”. As does 又 graphically.
Derived from 受 (OC *djuʔ, “to accept”).
- to give to; to transmit
- to confer; to award
- to teach; to instruct
(grade 5 “Kyōiku” kanji)
- grant (a grant is given)
授 (eumhun 줄 수 (jul su))
- Hanja form? of 수 (“give”).
授 (thụ, thọ, thò)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text