Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- KangXi: page 1419, character 9
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 44128
- Dae Jaweon: page 1943, character 16
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 7, page 4451, character 1
- Unihan data for U+9902
|simp. and trad.
- † to gain; to obtain (by deception)
- 士未可以言而言，是以言餂之也；可以言而不言，是以不言餂之也，是皆穿踰之類也。 [Classical Chinese, trad.]
- 士未可以言而言，是以言餂之也；可以言而不言，是以不言餂之也，是皆穿踰之类也。 [Classical Chinese, simp.]
- From: Mengzi (Mencius), circa 4th century BCE
- Shì wèi kěyǐ yán ér yán, shì yǐ yán tián zhī yě; kěyǐ yán ér bù yán, shì yǐ bùyán tián zhī yě, shì jiē chuānyáo zhī lèi yě. [Pinyin]
- When a scholar speaks what he ought not to speak, by guile of speech seeking to gain some end; and when he does not speak what he ought to speak, by guile of silence seeking to gain some end; both these cases are of a piece with breaking through a neighbour's wall.
- Alternative form of 舔 (tiǎn, “to lick”).
|For pronunciation and definitions of 餂 – see 甜.
(This character, 餂, is a variant form of 甜.)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text