Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- 1 English
- 2 Galician
- 3 Italian
- 4 Latin
- 5 Polish
- 6 Romanian
- 7 Spanish
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˌmæs.əˈdəʊ.ni.ə/
- (US) enPR: măs'ədōʹnēə IPA(key): /ˌmæs.əˈdoʊ.ni.ə/ also IPA(key): /, mæk.əˈdoʊ.ni.ə/
Audio (US) (file)
- An ancient Greek kingdom, located to the north of Thessaly, comprising of the Greek city of Thessaloniki and its surroundings. (Also called Macedon.)
- The Republic of Macedonia, a country in Europe which is sometimes referred to elliptically (by the UN and others, pending the outcome of a dispute between Macedonia and Greece) as ‘the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia’.
- The largest and second-most populous region of Greece, comprising the regions of West Macedonia, Central Macedonia and East Macedonia and Thrace.
- A modern geographical region which includes the republic of Macedonia, the Greek region of Macedonia, and a bit of Bulgaria.
- The part of that region which is in south-western Bulgaria. (Also called Pirin Macedonia or Bulgarian Macedonia.)
former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia — See also translations at : former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
region of northern Greece
modern geographical region
region of Bulgaria
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- (countries of Europe) country of Europe; Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Nagorno-Karabakh Republic, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City (Categories: en:Countries, en:Countries of Europe)
- Countries of the world
- Appendix:Place names in the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- West Macedonia
- Central Macedonia
- East Macedonia and Thrace
- Republic of Macedonia
- Pirin Macedonia
- Vardar Macedonia
- Republic of Macedonia on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Republic of Macedonia
- Macedonia (Greece) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Macedonia (Greece)
- Macedonia (modern republic)
- Macedonia (all senses)
First declension, with locative.
declension of Macedonia