- 1 English
- 2 Galician
- 3 Italian
- 4 Latin
- 5 Polish
- 6 Portuguese
- 7 Romanian
- 8 Spanish
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˌmæs.əˈdəʊ.ni.ə/
- (US) enPR: măs'ədōʹnēə IPA(key): /ˌmæs.əˈdoʊ.ni.ə/ also IPA(key): /mæk.əˈdoʊ.ni.ə/
Audio (US) (file)
- An ancient Greek kingdom, located to the north of Thessaly, comprising of the Greek city of Thessaloniki and its surroundings.
- The largest and second-most populous region of Greece, comprising the regions of West Macedonia, Central Macedonia and the East Macedonia part of the region of East Macedonia and Thrace.
- The Republic of Macedonia, a country in Europe which is sometimes referred to elliptically (by the UN and others, pending the outcome of a dispute between Macedonia and Greece) as ‘the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia’.
- A modern geographical region which includes the republic of Macedonia, the Greek region of Macedonia, and a bit of Bulgaria.
- The part of that region which is in south-western Bulgaria. (Also called Pirin Macedonia or Bulgarian Macedonia.)
former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia — See also translations at former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
region of northern Greece
modern geographical region
region of Bulgaria
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
- (countries of Europe) country of Europe; Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City (Category: en:Countries of Europe)
- Countries of the world
- Appendix:Place names in the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- West Macedonia
- Central Macedonia
- East Macedonia and Thrace
- Republic of Macedonia
- Pirin Macedonia
- Vardar Macedonia
- Republic of Macedonia on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Macedonia (Greece) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Macedonia (modern republic)
- Macedonia (all senses)
- (Classical) IPA(key): /maː.keˈdo.ni.a/, [maː.kɛˈdɔ.ni.a]
- (Ecclesiastical) IPA(key): /ma.t͡ʃeˈdo.ni.a/, [ma.t͡ʃeˈdoː.ni.a]
- “Macedonia” in Félix Gaffiot’s Dictionnaire Illustré Latin-Français, Hachette (1934)
- Macedonia in William Smith, editor (1854, 1857) A Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, volume 1 & 2, London: Walton and Maberly
declension of Macedonia
- Obsolete spelling of