Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɒni
- (uncountable) An intense feeling of affection and care towards another person.
- A mother’s love is not easily shaken.
- (uncountable) A deep or abiding liking for something
- My love of cricket knows no bounds.
- (uncountable) A profound and caring attraction towards someone.
- Your love is the most important thing in my life.
- (countable) The object of one’s romantic feelings; a darling or sweetheart
- I met my love by the gasworks wall.
- A term of address, regardless of feelings.
- Hello, love, how can I help you?
- (raquet sports) zero, no score.
- So that’s fifteen-love to Kournikova.
darling or sweetheart
- (transitive) To have a strong affection for.
- (transitive) To be strongly inclined towards something; an emphatic form of like.
- I love walking barefoot on wet grass.
- I'd love to join the team.
- (transitive) To care deeply about.
- "You shall love the Lord your God with your whole heart, and your whole mind, and your whole soul; you shall love your neighbor as yourself."
- (transitive) To lust for.
- (transitive) (euphemistic) To have sex with, (perhaps from make love.)
- I wish I could love her all night long.
have a strong affection for
be strongly inclined towards doing
(euphemistic): to have sex with
care about; will good for
- in love
- fall in love
- lady love
- love bug
- love child
- love handle
- loving kindness
- loyal love
- make love
- unrequited love