Jump to navigation Jump to search
|middle country; central country; China||man; person; people|
|alternative forms||中國儂／中国侬 coastal Min|
- Chinese person; Chinese people; the Chinese (Classifier: 個／个 )
- 中國人發明了指南針、火藥、造紙和印刷術，叫做中國四大發明。 [MSC, trad.]
- Zhōngguórén fāmíng le zhǐnánzhēn, huǒyào, zàozhǐ hé yìnshuāshù, jiàozuò Zhōngguó Sì Dà Fāmíng. [Pinyin]
- The Chinese invented the compass, gunpowder, papermaking and printing. They are known as the Four Great Chinese Inventions.
中国人发明了指南针、火药、造纸和印刷术，叫做中国四大发明。 [MSC, simp.]
- Used to refer to nationality, in particular citizens of the People’s Republic of China regardless of ethnicity
- This identity is rejected by many in Hong Kong and Taiwan, who identify exclusively as 香港人 and 臺灣人 respectively.
|Kanji in this term|
|こく > ごく
|Hanja in this term|