Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: 拝
- KangXi: page 427, character 2
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 11969
- Dae Jaweon: page 775, character 6
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): volume 3, page 1846, character 7
- Unihan data for U+62DC
|simp. and trad.
|Historical forms of the character 拜|
|Western Zhou||Shuowen Jiezi (compiled in Han)||Liushutong (compiled in Ming)|
|Bronze inscriptions||Small seal script||Transcribed ancient scripts|
- "to bow"
- (This etymology is missing or incomplete. Please add to it, or discuss it at the Etymology scriptorium.)
- Borrowed from English byte.
- Borrowed from English bye.
- "day of the week"
- Shortened from 禮拜／礼拜 (lǐbài, “day of the week”).
- to do obeisance; to bow; to kowtow
- to establish a relationship
- (polite) Used before a verb to show respect.
- (computing, informal) byte
- (informal) bye; goodbye
- (Malaysian Mandarin, Singaporean Mandarin, Hakka, Min) day of the week (when used with a number)
- 拜一 ― bàiyī ― Monday
Derived terms from 拜
- 숭배 (崇拜, sungbae, “worship”)
- 예배 (禮拜, yebae, “divine worship, religious service”)
- 세배 (歲拜, sebae, “New Year's greetings”)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text