|戶|| U+6236, 戶
CJK UNIFIED IDEOGRAPH-6236
Note the regionally different forms of this character which are encoded separately in Unicode:
- 戶 (top stroke connects to left stroke, as found in the historical Kangxi dictionary) - used in Taiwan and South Korea.
- 戸 (top stroke is a horizontal line that does not connect to other strokes) - used in Japan.
- 户 (top stroke is a slanting dot) - used in mainland China and Hong Kong.
Note also the different stroke order: 户 and 戸 have the leftmost 丿 as the final (fourth) stroke, while 戶 (this character) has 丿 as the second stroke.
戶 (radical 63, 戶+0, 4 strokes, cangjie input 竹尸 (HS), four-corner 30277, composition ⿸𠂆コ)
- Kangxi radical #63, ⼾.
- Shuowen Jiezi radical №437
- KangXi: page 414, character 32
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 11696
- Dae Jaweon: page 759, character 3
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): volume 3, page 2257, character 1
- Unihan data for U+6236
||*qʰʷaːʔ, *qʰʷaːs, *ɡʷaːʔ
Pictogram (象形): half of 門 (“door”).
From Proto-Sino-Tibetan *m/s-k(w)a-j (“mouth; opening; spread; door; face; jaw”). Cognate with Tibetan སྒོ (sgo, “door”).
- family; household
- Classifier for households.
(uncommon “Hyōgai” kanji)
This character lacks JIS support; 戸 (U+6238) is used instead.
戶 (eumhun 지게문 호 (jigemun ho))
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text