Jump to navigation Jump to search
- KangXi: page 1409, character 38
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 43689
- Dae Jaweon: page 1928, character 5
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): volume 7, page 4392, character 11
- Unihan data for U+9867
- to turn around and look; to look back
- to look at
- to visit; to call on
- 先帝不以臣卑鄙，猥自枉屈，三顧臣於草廬之中，諮臣以當世之事。 [Classical Chinese, trad.]
- From: 227, 諸葛亮 (Zhuge Liang), 出師表 (Memorials on Sending Out the Troops)
- Xiāndì bù yǐ chén bēibǐ, wěi zì wǎngqū, sān gù chén yú cǎolú zhī zhōng, zī chén yǐ dāngshì zhī shì. [Pinyin]
- The Former Emperor did not consider me base and rustic; he humbled himself and thrice visited me at the thatched cottage to consult me about contemporary affairs.
先帝不以臣卑鄙，猥自枉屈，三顾臣于草庐之中，谘臣以当世之事。 [Classical Chinese, simp.]
- to patronize
- to take into consideration; to consider
- to look after; to take care of; to attend to
- to treasure; to care for
- (literary) but
- (literary) on the contrary; instead
- a surname
Derived terms from 顧
|The displayed kanji may be different from the image due to your environment.|
See here for details.
- Go-on: く (ku)
- Kan-on: こ (ko, Jōyō)
- Kun: かえりみる (kaerimiru, 顧みる, Jōyō); かえって (kaette, 顧って); ただ (tada, 顧だ)
- Nanori: み (mi)
|Kanji in this term|
The form 一顧 (ikko, “look back (once); reconsider”) is attested from the 11th century.
- looks back, double-takes (often as 一顧 (ikko))
- (figuratively, chiefly in the negative) care, concern; amount one cares
- Sore ni ikko mo shinai!
- I don't care a bit about that!