Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (phytopathology) any of many plant diseases causing damage to, or the death of, leaves, fruit or other parts
- the bacterium, virus or fungus that causes such a condition
- (by extension) anything that impedes growth or development or spoils any other aspect of life
agent of this disease
anything that impedes growth or spoils something
- (transitive) To affect with blight; to blast; to prevent the growth and fertility of.
- [This vapour] blasts vegetables, blights corn and fruit, and is sometimes injurious even to man.
- (intransitive) To suffer blight.
- This vine never blights.
- (transitive) to spoil or ruin (something)
- Those obscene tattoos are going to blight your job prospects.
- seared in heart and lone and blighted
to spoil or ruin (something)