Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- I bear, carry or convey through to a place or to the end; bring home.
- I convey news, announce, state.
- (figuratively) I bear, support or endure to the end.
- (figuratively) I bear, suffer, tolerate, put up with, submit to, endure.
- (figuratively) I bring to an end, carry out, complete, finish, accomplish.
- (figuratively) I carry out, conduct, maintain, manage.
- (Ecclesiastical Latin) I bear the penalty of.
- “perfero” in Charlton T. Lewis & Charles Short, A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1879.