Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- I bear, carry or bring down or away; convey; take, remove.
- I bring to market, sell.
- I give to someone, grant, confer upon, allot, offer to someone, bestow
- I transfer, deliver.
- I bring or give an account of, report, announce, state.
- (law, with nomen) I report someone's name before the praetor, as plaintiff or informer; indict, impeach, denounce, accuse.
- (nautical) I arrive or disembark.
- “defero” in Charlton T. Lewis & Charles Short, A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1879.