屙 (radical 44 尸+8, 11 strokes, cangjie input 尸弓中口 (SNLR), four-corner 77221, composition ⿸尸阿)
- KangXi: page 302, character 18
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 7727
- Dae Jaweon: page 599, character 32
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 2, page 976, character 10
- Unihan data for U+5C59
From a substrate Tai-Kadai language. Compare Zhuang ok (“to emit, to produce, to defecate, to urinate, to fart”).
Note: The zero initial /∅-/ is commonly pronounced with a ng-initial /ŋ-/ in some varieties of Cantonese, including Hong Kong Cantonese.
- (chiefly Cantonese, Hakka, dialectal Mandarin) to defecate or urinate
(uncommon “Hyōgai” kanji)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text