Jump to navigation Jump to search
- KangXi: page 332, character 8
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 8926
- Dae Jaweon: page 638, character 7
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): volume 1, page 741, character 4
- Unihan data for U+5E2D
|simp. and trad.
Etymology unclear. Various theories have been proposed:
- Wang (1982) relates this to 藉 (), *zjaːɡs, *zjaːɡ蒩 (), *ʔsaː, *ʔsaːʔ, *sʰa薦 (). *ʔseːns
- Schuessler (2007), reconstructing this word minimally as *s-lak, relates this word to 莽 (, “grass”). *mlaʔ, *mlaŋʔ
- Baxter and Sagart (2014) derive it from a root *tak (“to place”), with circumstantial noun prefix *s-, literally “place for putting things”.
- Alternative form of 蓆／席 (xí, “woven mat made of bamboo strips or grass”).
- food of a banquet
- Classifier for conversations.
- Classifier for seats (members) in a meeting.
- A surname.
Derived terms from 席
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text