Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: þeah
Colloquial form of yea or yes. Compare nah.
- (colloquial) yes.
- (colloquial) Used to express acknowledgment of what was previously said.
- Do you wanna get pizza for dinner?
Yeah, I think I'm gonna eat some leftovers.
Note: Many languages have no exact equivalent of this word; in those cases, the translations given here are for yes.
- Expressing joy, celebration, glee, etc.
- Yeah! We did it!
yeah (plural yeahs)
(This etymology is missing or incomplete. Please add to it, or discuss it at the Etymology scriptorium. Particularly: “From English?”)
- (Hong Kong Cantonese) to make a V sign
- (Hong Kong Cantonese, somewhat dated) cool; stylish
- English 1-syllable words
- English 2-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- English terms with audio links
- Rhymes:English/ɛə/1 syllable
- Rhymes:English/ɛ/1 syllable
- Rhymes:English/æ/1 syllable
- English lemmas
- English particles
- English colloquialisms
- English terms with usage examples
- English interjections
- English nouns
- English countable nouns
- English pronunciation spellings
- English heteronyms
- Chinese lemmas
- Cantonese lemmas
- Chinese nouns
- Cantonese nouns
- Chinese verbs
- Cantonese verbs
- Chinese adjectives
- Cantonese adjectives
- Chinese terms with IPA pronunciation
- Hong Kong Cantonese
- Chinese dated terms
- Chinese terms written in foreign scripts