寨 (radical 40, 宀+11, 14 strokes, cangjie input 十廿金木 (JTCD), four-corner 30904, composition ⿱𡨄木)
In the Mainland stroke order standard, there is a 豎鉤 stroke in the lower part of the character. In the Taiwan and Hong Kong stroke order standards, the same stroke is a 豎 without a 鉤.
- KangXi: page 291, character 11
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 7298
- Dae Jaweon: page 577, character 5
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 2, page 1270, character 1
- Unihan data for U+5BE8
Phono-semantic compound (形聲, OC *zraːds, *slɯːɡ) and ideogrammic compound (會意): phonetic 𡨄 (“to block; to block up; to jam; to plug”) + semantic 木 (“wood”).
- stockade, stronghold, fort
- bandit den
(uncommon “Hyōgai” kanji)
寨 (eumhun 울짱, 목책 채 (uljjang, mokchaek chae))
- wooden fence
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text