Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
|Oracle bone script||Bronze inscriptions||Large seal script||Small seal script|
Han character 
Derived characters 
- KangXi: page 1262, character 6
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 39010
- Dae Jaweon: page 1754, character 9
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 6, page 3864, character 1
- Unihan data for U+9053
- IPA: /tou˨/
道 (jyutping dou6, Yale dou6)
- The Way: tao; Taoism
- (chiefly historical) A region of Japan consisting of multiple provinces or prefectures. Feudal Japan was divided into several dō; the only remaining dō is Hokkaidō.
Proper noun 
- A male given name
- Sound (hangeul): 도 (revised: do, McCune-Reischauer: to, Yale: to)
- Name (hangeul): 길()
Measure word 
道 (traditional and simplified, Pinyin dào)
- one; a (measure word for dish, proclamation or rainbow)
道 (traditional and simplified, Pinyin Dào)
- John 1.1
- Taìchū yǒu Dào, Dào yǔ Shén tóngzaì, Dào jiùshì Shén.
- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- 1John 1.1
- Lùndào cóng qǐchū yuányǒu de shēngmìng zhī dào, jiù shì wǒmen suǒ tīngjiàn suǒ kànjiàn de, qīnyǎn kànguo, qīnshǒu mōguo de.
- That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
- John 1.1
Min Nan 
道 (POJ tō)