- from Latin camera from Anc. Greek καμάρα (kamara), "vaulted chamber"
- from French chambre from Latin camera
- "magpie" in Italian, perhaps akin to Ladin gacia, Swedish skata, Danish skade, Romani kakarachi, etc.
- "to gaggle"
- #낄낄거리다 (kkilkkil-georida)
Korean words of interest
Eurasian words of interest
- "cock (a device, as a faucet or valve, for regulating the flow of a liquid)"
- "male chicken, bird"
- "faucet, tap or valve"
- "penis," perhaps a metaphor for (1) + (2).
- "simple farmhand"
- "the regular or daily light work of a household or farm"
- from French corvée, from LL. corvada
- from Anc. Greek κύφος (kyphos) "humpback, bent"
- from LL. gibbosus, from Latin gibbus "hump, humped," probably cognate with cubare "to bend oneself, lie down," Italian gobba "humpback," Greek κύφος (kyphos) "humpback, bent," κύβος (kybos) "cube, vertebra"
Noteworthy Korean words
- ^ 꿀벌 (kkul-beol) honeybee : cf. Crimean Tatar balqurt, bal#Crimean Tatar "honey"
- ^ 꽃 (kkot) flower: cf. Kurdish gul, Persian گل (gol)
- ^ 굴 (gul) cave, burrow: cf. gulley, gullet, Latin gula "throat," culus "asshole, burrow, etc.," cuniculus "rabbit burrow" or "burrowing rabbit"
- ^ 굳 (gut) pit: cf. gut
- ^ 구무 (gumu) hole: cf. comb, honeycomb, cymbal from Greek σύμβολον (kymbolon)
- ^거흠 (geoheum) gum, cf. gum
- ^ 굽다 (gupda) to be curved, cf. hoof, succumb, cubit, Latin cubitum "elbow," Greek κύφος (kyphos) "humpbacked," κύβος (kybos) "cube, vertebra," κύμβη (kymbē) "bowl, boat"
- ^ 고개 (gogae) neck, col: cf. gorge
- ^ 골 (gol) hole: cf. colere
- ^ 골프다 (golpeuda) to be hungry, empty: cf. gulp, gulf, golf
- from OE. hunig akin to German Honig, perhaps literally meaning "Hunnic, Hunnish" and akin to German König, Kölsch: Künnisch, OHG. kuning, OE. cyning, Dutch koning, Swedish (archaic) konung, Estonian and Finnish kuningas, etc.
- See: #comb
- honey bucket
- "dung bucket" perhaps of Hunnic origin
- honey wagon
- "dung wagon" perhaps of Hunnic origin
- European common "brown bear" in German, hence "honey-colored bear," confused with "honey bear" or "honey-eater"
Dutch : geel Estonian: kollane German : gelb Italian : giallo, gialla Lithuan.: geltonas Romanian: galben
- previously yelk, from OE. geolca from geolu "yellow"
- akin to guild, gild, gilt, geld, yield, German Geld "money," gelb "yellow," gelt "barren," etc.
Dutch : goud Frisian : goud English : gold German : Gold Kölsch : Jold Luxembo.: Gold Limburg.: goud Scots : gowd
- "to giggle"
- #깔깔거리다 (kkalkkal-georida)