Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: tík
- 1 English
- 2 Czech
- 3 Dutch
- 4 Latvian
- 5 Lithuanian
- 6 Lojban
- 7 Swedish
from "Narcotic"? this needs to be verified.
- (South Africa, slang) crystal meth or speed.
- "This Tuesday Special Assignment focuses on a deepening crisis in Cape Town. Many young adults and schoolchildren as young as 10 years are in the grip of a powerful drug called crystal methamphetamine – known locally as tik. It’s been on the fringes for several years but it is now catching on fast among the youth of the Western Cape.  - 27k
- "Over a third of all people seeking rehabilitation in the second half of 2005 reported that their primary problem was tik". Weekend Argus 13/14 May 2006 p.12.
- tik daudz ― so many
tik (not comparable)
- just, only (nothing more than; nothing else other than)
- only just, barely, hardly
- but, yet, just (introduces a concession)
- (in conjunction with question words) -ever, no matter …
- (adverb, just, only): vien, tiktai
- (adverb, barely): vos, bemaž
- (conjunction): bet, tačiau
- (particle): bebūtų, bet
Of imitative origin.
- (chicken call): cik
- a bitch (female canine)