喺 (radical 30 口+9, 12 strokes, cangjie input 口人竹火 (ROHF), composition ⿰口係)
- KangXi: not present, would follow page 201, character 12
- Hanyu Da Zidian: not present, would follow volume 1, page 657, character 2
- Unihan data for U+55BA
- be ...-ing; in the middle of doing something (indicating an action in progress)
- (located) in; at; within
- (temporal) in
― hai2 2012 [Jyutping]
― in 2012
- (figuratively) within; in
― hai2 zung1 man4 [Jyutping]
― within the Chinese language/in the Chinese language
- to exist; to be (located)
- Not to be confused with 係／系 (hai6, “to be”).
- While Mandarin 在 (zài) can be used by itself as a verb (他現在不在 "he is not here right now"), Cantonese must use 喺度 (佢依家唔喺度 "he is not here right now").