歷 (radical 77, 止+12, 16 strokes, cangjie input 一竹木一 (MHDM) or 一木卜中一 (MDYLM), four-corner 71211, composition ⿸厤止)
- KangXi: page 577, character 14
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 16340
- Dae Jaweon: page 968, character 9
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): volume 2, page 1445, character 9
- Unihan data for U+6B77
Phono-semantic compound (形聲, OC *reːɡ): phonetic 厤 (OC *reːɡ) + semantic 止.
Schuessler (2007) considered this word to be of Sino-Tibetan origin and a cognate to Burmese ရေ (re, “to count”), Kinnauri ri (“to count”), Tibetan རྩི (rtsi, “to count; to calculate”), and [script needed] (rtsis-pa, “astronomer”); however, STEDT derives Burmese ရေ (re) & Tibetan རྩི (rtsi) from Proto-Sino-Tibetan *r-tsjəj (“to count”) and does not compare them to Chinese 歷.
- One derivative is 曆 (OC *rêk), meaning "calendrical calculations" (Shu) → "calendar";
- Another derivative is exopassive 麗 (OC *rê(k)h), meaning "what is calculated → number" (Shi), whose possible allofam is 麗 (OC *rêh).
- to experience; to go through; to undergo
- experience; history; record
- to surpass; to exceed; to overstep
- to offend; to go against; to undermine
- to travel through; to go travelling
- extensively; all over; completely
- many times; repeatedly
- one by one; one at a time
- all of the previous (occurrences); all past
- to take charge of; to assume (a role)
- to choose; to select (a date)
- to examine; to scrutinise; to observe; to calculate
- clear; distinct; lucid
- few and far between; sporadic
- A surname.
(“Jinmeiyō” kanji used for names, kyūjitai kanji, shinjitai form 歴)
- take place, past, history
歷 (eumhun 지낼 력 (jinael ryeok), South Korea 지낼 역 (jinael yeok))
- Hanja form? of 력 (“go through”).
- Hanja form? of 력 (“experience”).
- Hanja form? of 력 (“undergo”).
- Hanja form? of 력 (“use up”).
- Hanja form? of 력 (“exhaust”).
歷: Hán Nôm readings: lịch, lếch, lệch, rếch
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text