Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
-ка • (-ka)
-ка • (-ka)
- Added to an adjective to create a feminine noun with the meaning of a carrier of the adjective’s properties.
- Added to words to create a feminine noun denoting a part, profession, feature, membership, origin, social status, complexion, proper name, abstract noun, or animal's name.
- A noun-forming diminutive suffix.
Note the following properties:
- If the stress is on the ending, it is drawn onto the preceding syllable. Unstressed е may turn into ё when stressed.
- A velar may turn into a palatal as a result of the Slavic first palatalization. This is due to the *ь that was formerly present at the beginning of one variant of the suffix.
- If the noun is feminine or neuter and reducible, the unreduced stem (as found in the genitive plural) is used. This happens frequently when the suffix is added onto a noun already in diminutive form.
- -о́к (-ók)
- -то (-to)
-ка (Latin spelling -ka)
- Suffix appended to words to create a feminine noun, denoting a part, profession, feature, membership, origin, social status, complexion, proper name, abstract noun or animal's name.