Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: 欥
- KangXi: page 179, character 13
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 3373
- Dae Jaweon: page 397, character 7
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): volume 1, page 593, character 3
- Unihan data for U+5439
|simp. and trad.
|Historical forms of the character 吹|
|Shang||Western Zhou||Shuowen Jiezi (compiled in Han)||Liushutong (compiled in Ming)|
|Oracle bone script||Bronze inscriptions||Small seal script||Transcribed ancient scripts|
- to blow
- to puff
- to brag; to boast
- to play (a wind instrument)
- 吹口琴 ― chuī kǒuqín ― to play the harmonica
- (colloquial) to drink alcoholic beverages directly from a bottle
- (colloquial, of a plan) to fall through; (of relationship) to break down
- (ACG) to like
- Misspelling of 催 (cuī, “to urge”).
Derived terms from 吹
- “Entry #2981”, in 臺灣閩南語常用詞辭典 [Dictionary of Frequently-Used Taiwan Minnan] (in Chinese and Min Nan), Ministry of Education, R.O.C., 2011.
- To blow (such as an instrument)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text