Jump to navigation Jump to search
|simp. and trad.
|variant forms||朱儒 obsolete|
- dwarf; pygmy; midget
- 瘖、聾、跛、躃、斷者、侏儒、百工，各以其器食之。 [Classical Chinese, trad.]
- From: The Book of Rites, circa 4th – 2nd century BCE
- Yīn, lóng, bǒ, bì, duàn zhě, zhūrú, bǎi gōng, gè yǐ qí qì shí zhī. [Pinyin]
- The dumb, the deaf, the lame, such as had lost a member, pygmies, and mechanics, were all fed according to what work they were able to do.
瘖、聋、跛、躃、断者、侏儒、百工，各以其器食之。 [Classical Chinese, simp.]
- (literary) minor; child
- (literary, historical) dwarf who acts as an entertainer or musician for the officials
- (literary, figuratively) one who caters to the officials and is in their favour
- (literary, obsolete) (alt. form 株檽) short column on the beam
- (literary, obsolete) spider
|Kanji in this term|
|Hanja in this term|