斷 (radical 69, 斤+14, 18 strokes, cangjie input 女戈竹一中 (VIHML), four-corner 22721, composition ⿰㡭斤)
- KangXi: page 480, character 35
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 13611
- Dae Jaweon: page 841, character 22
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 3, page 2028, character 13
- Unihan data for U+65B7
Ideogrammic compound (會意): 𢇍 (“to cut”) + 斤 (“axe”).
Before the Qin dynasty, this character was written as 𠸿 or 𠜷.
- to break; to snap
- to cut off; to sever; to interrupt
― Tōnghuà duàn le.
― The line has gone dead.
- to give up; to abstain from; to quit
- to judge; to decide; to determine; to settle
― to decide, to determine
― Zhè ge ànzǐ hěn nán duàn.
― It is hard to judge
- (used in the negative) absolutely; definitely; decidedly
- 29th tetragram of the Taixuanjing; "decisiveness" (𝌢)
(uncommon “Hyōgai” kanji, kyūjitai kanji, shinjitai form 断)
- cut off
斷 • (dan) (hangeul 단, revised dan, McCune–Reischauer tan, Yale tan)
- cut off
斷 (đoán, đoạn)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text