- a letter used in older, pre-World-War-II Latvian spelling, but now replaced everywhere by H (lower case h).
This letter can still be found in older books, or in books written by the Latvian diaspora prior to the fall of the Soviet Union. It used to represent the sound of IPA symbol /x/, as distinct from /h/; but since these sounds have merged as /x/ in current Latvian pronunciation, <h> (= /x/) is now used in all cases.
- (Hà Nội) IPA (key): /s̪e˧˧ haːʔt̚˧ˀ˦/
- (Huế) IPA (key): /s̪ej˧˧ haːʔk̚˦˥/
- (Hồ Chí Minh City) IPA (key): /s̪ej˧˥ haːʔk̚˦ˀ˥/
- Phonetic: xê hát
- (dated) Xê hát, traditionally the sixth letter of the Vietnamese alphabet, quốc ngữ, after C but before D.