Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: 代
|Stroke order (Taiwan)|
- KangXi: page 96, character 1
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 439
- Dae Jaweon: page 203, character 1
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): volume 1, page 120, character 8
- Unihan data for U+4F10
|simp. and trad.
|Historical forms of the character 伐|
|Shang||Western Zhou||Shuowen Jiezi (compiled in Han)||Liushutong (compiled in Ming)|
|Oracle bone script||Bronze inscriptions||Small seal script||Transcribed ancient scripts|
- to kill; to slaughter; to behead
- to hack; to fell; to cut down; to hew
- 坎坎伐檀兮，寘之河之干兮，河水清且漣猗。 [Classical Chinese, trad.]
- From: The Classic of Poetry, circa 11th – 7th centuries BCE, translated based on James Legge's version
- Kǎnkǎn fá tán xī, zhì zhī hé zhī gān xī, héshuǐ qīng qiě lián yī. [Pinyin]
- Kan-kan go his blows on the sandal trees,
And he places what he hews on the river's bank,
Whose waters flow clear and rippling.
坎坎伐檀兮，寘之河之干兮，河水清且涟猗。 [Classical Chinese, simp.]
- to knock; to strike; to hit
- to send troops to suppress; to attack
- to remove; to eliminate; to take away
- to damage; to harm; to endanger
- to defeat; to thwart
- to criticize; to blame
- (Chinese astronomy) the name of three stars in the Three Stars mansion: 42 Orionis, θ2 Orionis and ι Orionis
- ridge soil
- Alternative form of 閥／阀 (fá, “merit; achievement”).
- to brag about (oneself); to flaunt
- Alternative form of 瞂 (fá, “shield”).
- Alternative form of 罰／罚 (fá, “to punish”).
- (Min) to stride; to take a stride; to step forward; to step over
- (Min) step; footstep; stride
- (Min) Classifier for footsteps: step
- (Wu) Alternative form of 𠲎 (“final interrogative particle on a yes/no question”).
- A surname.
|For pronunciation and definitions of 伐 – see 𠲎 (“final interrogative particle on a yes/no question.”).|
(This character, 伐, is a variant form of 𠲎.)
|For pronunciation and definitions of 伐 – see 筏 (“raft”).|
(This character, 伐, is the second-round simplified form of 筏.)
|For pronunciation and definitions of 伐 – see 閥 (“contribution; family status; etc.”).|
(This character, 伐, is the second-round simplified and variant form of 閥.)
|For pronunciation and definitions of 伐 – see 垡 (“plow soil; place name”).|
(This character, 伐, is the second-round simplified form of 垡.)
- Go-on: ぼち (bochi)
- Kan-on: はつ (hatsu)
- Kan’yō-on: ばつ (batsu, Jōyō)
- Kun: うつ (utsu, 伐つ); きる (kiru, 伐る); ほこる (hokoru, 伐る)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text