- KangXi: page 331, character 35
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 8916
- Dae Jaweon: page 637, character 28
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 1, page 740, character 2
- Unihan data for U+5E2B
|Characters in the same phonetic series (師) (Zhengzhang, 2003)|
|篩||sreːl, *srel, *sri|
Each of the two components can be used as 師 on their own in preclassical scripts. The significance of 帀 is debated.
- Cantonese (Jyutping): si1
- Hakka (Sixian, PFS): sṳ̂
- Min Dong (BUC): să / sṳ̆
- Min Nan (POJ): sai / su / sir
- Wu (Wiktionary): sr (T1)
- Min Dong
- Min Nan
- (Hokkien: Xiamen, Quanzhou, Zhangzhou, mainstream Taiwanese)
- (Hokkien: Xiamen, Zhangzhou, mainstream Taiwanese)
- (Hokkien: Quanzhou)
- (historical, military) division of 2500 soldiers
- (military) division; a large body of troops composing part of an army
- army; troops; armed force
- to dispatch troops; to send troops
- the masses; populace; general public
- (historical) A level of administrative division comprising ten major cities.
- capital city; metropolis
- strategist; military adviser
- leader; chief; commander; head; captain
- teacher; instructor
- master; expert; specialist
- (Min Dong) to be an expert in; adept at; capable
- (Min Dong) Respectful term of address for an expert in a trade or profession.
- (religion) Respectful title for monks, nuns and Taoist priests.
- (historical) musician
- model; example; fine example
- to follow; to imitate; to follow the example of
- “Army” (䷆): the seventh hexagram of the I Ching
- A surname.
Derived terms from 師
- Goon: し (shi, Jōyō)
- Kan’on: し (shi, Jōyō)
- Nanori: のし (noshi); のり (nori); もろ (moro); かず (kazu); つかさ (tsukasa); みつ (mitsu); もと (moto)
- A surname.
- teacher, master, one's mentor
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text