帥 (radical 50, 巾+6, 9 strokes, cangjie input 竹口中月 (HRLB), four-corner 24727, composition ⿰𠂤巾)
- KangXi: page 331, character 11
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 8886
- Dae Jaweon: page 636, character 25
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): volume 1, page 737, character 2
- Unihan data for U+5E25
Also written as 率 (OC *sruds, *rud, *srud, “to lead”); both represent the s-causative of 律 (OC *rud, “to follow”). Cognate with Tibetan སྲིད (srid, “commander, leader”).
- † (military) to command; to lead (and give orders to); to designate
- † to lead; to guide
- (to be a) role model; example
- to follow; to adhere to
- 帥教 / 帅教 ― shuàijiào ― to follow guidance
- rapid; sharp; sudden
- 帥然 / 帅然 ― shuàirán ― suddenly, rapidly
- 帥爾 / 帅尔 ― shuài'ěr ― rapidly
- commander-in-chief; marshal
- officialdom; senior officials
- (of a person or a thing) leader; guider; leading factor
- (xiangqi) marshal; the chief piece (on the red side)
- (colloquial, of men) handsome; good-looking; hot
- 帥呆 / 帅呆 ― shuàidāi ― to be very good-looking
- 帥哥 / 帅哥 ― shuàigē ― handsome guy
- (colloquial) elegant; beautiful; splendid; impressive
- A surname.
Dialectal synonyms of 英俊
- 帨 (shuì, “shawl, mantelet”) - may be used interchangeably; forms the character etymology of 帥.
- 率 (shuài, “to lead”) - may be used interchangeably
- 將／将 (jiàng, “officer”)
(common “Jōyō” kanji)
From Middle Chinese 帥 (MC ʃˠiuɪH). Recorded as Middle Korean 슈〮 (Yale: syu) in Hunmong Jahoe (訓蒙字會 / 훈몽자회), 1527.
帥 (eumhun 장수 수 (jangsu su))
- Hanja form? of 수 (“commander”).
- 국제퇴계학회 대구경북지부 (國際退溪學會 大邱慶北支部) (2007). Digital Hanja Dictionary, 전자사전／電子字典. 
帥: Hán Nôm readings: suất, súy/suý, súy/suý, soái
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text