仕 (Kangxi radical 9, 人+3, 5 strokes, cangjie input 人土 (OG), four-corner 24210, composition ⿰亻士)
- KangXi: page 92, character 7
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 368
- Dae Jaweon: page 195, character 10
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): volume 1, page 112, character 3
- Unihan data for U+4ED5
|Historical forms of the character 仕
Transcribed ancient scripts
Mostly from Richard Sears' Chinese Etymology site (authorisation),
which in turn draws data from various collections of ancient forms of Chinese characters, including:
- Shuowen Jiezi (small seal),
- Jinwen Bian (bronze inscriptions),
- Liushutong (Liushutong characters) and
- Yinxu Jiaguwen Bian (oracle bone script).
See 士 "servant, retainer, officer, scholar, gentleman"
- scholar; official; guardian
- to serve in the government
- (xiangqi) adviser; guard; minister (on the red side)
- A surname.
(grade 3 “Kyōiku” kanji)
- 仕上がり (shiagari, “finish, end, completion”)
- 仕上げ (shiage, “end, finishing touches”)
- 仕上げる (shiageru, “finish up, complete”)
- 仕入れ (shiire, “stocking, buying up”)
- 仕入れる (shiireru, “lay in stock, replenish stock”)
- 仕打ち (shiuchi, “treatment, behavior, action”)
- 仕送り (shiokuri, “allowance, remittance”)
- 仕掛け (shikake, “device, contrivance, trick”)
- 仕掛ける (shikakeru, “commence, lay, set”)
- 仕方 (shikata, “way, method, means”)
- 仕方がない (shikata ga nai), 仕方ない (shikata nai, “it can't be helped”)
- 仕切り (shikiri, “partition, division, boundary”)
- 仕切る (shikiru, “partition, divide, mark off”)
- 仕草 (shigusa, “action, acting, gesture”)
- 仕組み (shikumi, “structure, construction, arrangement”)
- 仕事 (shigoto, “work, job, business”)
- 仕事中 (shigotochū, “at work, working”)
- 仕事始め (shigotohajime, “resuming work after New Year's vacation”)
- 仕事場 (shigotoba, “place where one works”)
- 仕込み (shikomi, “training, stocking up”)
- 仕立て (shitate, “tailoring, dressmaking, sewing”)
- 仕立てる (shitateru, “tailor, make, prepare”)
- 仕手 (shite, “doer, performer”)
- お仕舞い (oshimai, “the end, closing”)
- 仕舞う (shimau, “finish, do something completely”)
- 仕様 (shiyō, “way, method, means”)
- 仕業 (shiwaza, “deed, act, action”)
- 仕える (tsukaeru, “serve, work for, attend”)
- 奉仕 (hōshi, “attendance, service, ministry”)
From Middle Chinese 仕 (MC d͡ʒɨX).
仕 • (shi) ←し (si)?
- official, civil service
- shi o itasu
- to resign from public office
仕 • (shi) ←し (si)?
- Alternative spelling of し (shi, “continuative of する (suru)”)
- Used primarily as the first element in verb-verb and verb-noun compounds.
仕 (eumhun 섬길 사 (seomgil sa))
- Hanja form? of 사 (“serve; official”).
仕: Hán Nôm readings: sĩ, sải, sảy, sãi, sẻ, sễ, sẽ, sì, sẩy, sè, sõi, sỡi, xảy
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text