栗 (radical 75, 木+6, 10 strokes, cangjie input 一田木 (MWD), four-corner 10904, composition ⿱覀木(GJKV) or ⿱覀𣎳(HT))
- 慄, 傈, 凓, 㗚, 塛, 㟳, 搮, 溧, 瑮, 鷅(𫛽), 篥, 䔁, 麜
- KangXi: page 522, character 5
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 14695
- Dae Jaweon: page 910, character 13
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 2, page 1195, character 9
- Unihan data for U+6817
- chestnut tree, chestnuts
- A surname.
(“Jinmeiyō” kanji used for names)
栗 (hiragana くり, katakana クリ, rōmaji kuri)
- a chestnut, common horse chestnut
- a chestnut tree
栗 • (ryul, yul) (hangeul 률, 율, revised ryul, yul, McCune–Reischauer ryul, yul, Yale lyul, yul)
- (밤): chestnut (fruit, tree)
- (떨다): shivering, shuddering, trembling
- ^ This was authored by several scholars at the direction of King Sejong of Yi Dynasty, concerning the folk medical herb gathering by month.
- ^ Cited by: 南廣祐 (1997). 敎學古語辭典. 敎學社. page 538.
- ^ "末栗" is a hanja rendering for 말밤(mal-bam), the origin of 마름(mareum, 菱) "water caltrop, water chestnut," literally, "coarse chestnut" such as "horse-chestnut".
- ^ Another likely literal reading is malryul, as given above.
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text