韓 (radical 178, 韋+8, 17 strokes in Chinese, 18 strokes in Japanese, cangjie input 十十木一手 (JJDMQ), four-corner 44456, composition ⿰龺韋)
- KangXi: page 1394, character 20
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 43159
- Dae Jaweon: page 1909, character 19
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 7, page 4506, character 21
- Unihan data for U+97D3
Phono-semantic compound (形聲, OC *ɡaːn): phonetic 倝 (OC *kaːns) + semantic 韋 (“surround”).
- † fence surrounding a well
- (～國) (historical) Han, an ancient Chinese county, viscounty, and kingdom of the Zhou Dynasty and the Qin–Han interregnum.
- The realm of this former state under other rulers.
- (astronomy) The star Zeta Ophiuchi in traditional Chinese astronomy, named for the state
- Synonyms: 天市右垣十一
- A surname, named for the state
- (historical) common designation of Mahan, Byeonhan, and Jinhan, three ancient tribal federations located on the southern part of the Korean Peninsula
- Short for 韓國／韩国 (Hánguó, “Korean (especially South Korean)”).
(common “Jōyō” kanji)
- Korea, Korean
韓 (eumhun 한국 한 (han-guk han))
- Korea, the Republic of Korea