Jump to navigation Jump to search
- KangXi: page 419, character 12
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 11845
- Dae Jaweon: page 766, character 4
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): volume 3, page 1835, character 5
- Unihan data for U+6279
|simp. and trad.
|alternative forms||𠜱 Cantonese; Hakka; Teochew "to pare"|
㓟 Cantonese and Teochew "to pare"
剕 Cantonese "to pare"
剖 Teochew "to pare"
- “to pare”
- 𠜱 (pī) is sometimes treated as the 本字 (běnzì, “original character”).
- Borrowed from English pie.
- “vulva; cunt”
- From the Sichuanese pronunciation of 屄 (pi1).
This etymology is incomplete. You can help Wiktionary by elaborating on the origins of this term.
- to slap
- † to attack; to offend
- † to eliminate; to discard
- to cut (into thin slices), peel, or shape with a knife or blade; to pare: to peel [fruits], to sharpen [pencils], etc.
- (Cantonese) to plaster
- (Cantonese) to hit with diagonal or horizontal motion
- to make comments and criticisms (to an inferior from a superior, regarding a submitted report, essay, etc.)
- comment; annotation; criticism
- to judge
- to criticize
- to approve
- (Cantonese) to guess; to predict
- (Min Dong, Hokkien, Puxian Min) letter (written or printed communication) (Classifier: 張／张; 封)
- 手提紙筆趕緊要寫一張批，安慰媽媽講阮在外一切沒問題。 [Taiwanese Hokkien, trad.]
- From: 1991, 詹雅雯, 故鄉一封信
- Chhiú the̍h chóa-pit kóaⁿ-kín beh siá chi̍t tiuⁿ phe, an-ùi má-mah kóng gún chāi-gōa it-chhè bô būn-tê. [Pe̍h-ōe-jī]
- With paper and a pen in my hand, I hurried to write a letter, comforting Mom, saying that everything is alright away from home.
手提纸笔赶紧要写一张批，安慰妈妈讲阮在外一切没问题。 [Taiwanese Hokkien, simp.]
- (Teochew) letter from a foreign country
- to sell at wholesale
- Classifier for batches, groups, lots, etc (of merchandises).
- (colloquial) fibres of cotton, flax, etc. ready to be drawn and twisted
- (Cantonese) pie
- (Internet slang, vulgar) vulva; cunt
Derived terms from 批
- “Entry #3209”, in 臺灣閩南語常用詞辭典 [Dictionary of Frequently-Used Taiwan Minnan] (in Chinese and Min Nan), Ministry of Education, R.O.C., 2011.
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text