Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: 过来
to cross; to go over; (experienced action marker)
to cross; to go over; (experienced action marker); to pass; to celebrate; to live; to get along; excessively; too-
- to come over; to get over
- to pass through certain (tumultuous) periods or challenges
- 雪山、草地都過來了，眼前到陝北七八百里就都是草灘、雪崖，我們也要走過去。 [MSC, trad.]
- From: 2014, 潘强恩, 《一二九学生运动》
- Xuěshān, cǎodì dōu guòlái le, yǎnqián dào Shǎnběi qībābǎi lǐ jiù dōu shì cǎotān, xuěyá, wǒmen yě yào zǒu guòqù. [Pinyin]
- We've already passed through snowy mountains and grasslands; even if the next seven or eight hundred li to Shaanbei are all grassy marshland or snowy cliffs, we must still keep marching.
雪山、草地都过来了，眼前到陕北七八百里就都是草滩、雪崖，我们也要走过去。 [MSC, simp.]
- A verbal complement indicating movement towards the speaker, or a turn or change in the direction of the speaker.
- 走過來 / 走过来 ― zǒu guòlai ― to walk towards the speaker
- 他轉過頭來 / 他转过头来 ― tā zhuǎn guò tóu lai ― He turned his head (towards the speaker)
- 把文件發過來 / 把文件发过来 ― bǎ wénjiàn fā guòlai ― to send the file through
- 从英文譯過來的 / 从英文译过来的 ― cóng yīngwén yì guòlai de ― translated over from English (to the language of the speaker)
- 人馬上圍過來了。 / 人马上围过来了。 ― Rén mǎshàng wéi guòlai le. ― Soon (I) was surrounded by people.
- A verbal complement indicating a return to the original, normal and typically an improved state.
- A verbal complement indicating sufficiency of time, ability, etc.