Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
maybe; perhaps; might; possibly; or
|-ist, -er (person); person (who does sth)|
|simp. and trad.
- Cantonese (Jyutping): waak6 ze2
- Hakka (Pha̍k-fa-sṳ): fe̍t-chá
- Min Nan (POJ): he̍k-chiá
- Min Nan
- (classical) some people
- 連續劇 by Joey Yung:
- 或者於某集，我可抬頭欣賞到你；或者一轉念便要失去你；或者轉折漸太多，遺忘怎擁抱你；或者擁緊偏已斷氣。 [Literary Cantonese, trad.]
- 或者于某集，我可抬头欣赏到你；或者一转念便要失去你；或者转折渐太多，遗忘怎拥抱你；或者拥紧偏已断气。 [Literary Cantonese, simp.]
- waak6 ze2 jyu1 mau5 zap6, ngo5 ho2 toi4 tau4 jan1 soeng2 dou3 nei5; waak6 ze2 jat1 zyun3 nim6 bin6 jiu3 sat1 heoi3 nei5; waak6 ze2 zyun2 zit3 zim6 tai3 do1, wai4 mong4 zam2 jung2 po5 nei5; waak6 ze2 jung2 gan2 pin1 ji5 dyun6 hei3. [Jyutping]
- Maybe in a certain episode, I can lift my head up and see you; maybe one second later I will lose you; maybe I have gone through too many things that I forgot how to embrace you; maybe when I remember how to embrace you, you have already died.
- In Mandarin, while 或者 huòzhě is exclusively used in statements, its synonym 還是 (trad.), 还是 (simp.) háishì is only used in questions.