Jump to navigation Jump to search
- KangXi: page 392, character 26
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 10858
- Dae Jaweon: page 728, character 10
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): volume 4, page 2320, character 11
- Unihan data for U+60F3
|simp. and trad.
From 相 (, “to observe; appearance”) (“appearance > to visualise > to think”). *slaŋ, *slaŋs
- to think (to conceive of something or someone)
- to think about; to plan; to be considering
- to think; to suppose; to guess; to reckon
- to want; to wish for; to desire
- 還想喝一杯嗎？ / 还想喝一杯吗？ ― Hái xiǎng hē yī bēi ma? ― Would you like another drink?
- 我很想睡。 ― Wǒ hěn xiǎng shuì. ― I'm really sleepy (lit. I really want to sleep.)
- 睇到唔想睇 [Cantonese] ― tai2 dou3 m4 soeng2 tai2 [Jyutping] ― watched so much that one doesn't want to watch any more
- to miss (to feel the absence of someone or something)
- In the sense of want or desire, 想 (xiǎng) is also used as would like. It also appears together with 要 (yào) as 想要 (xiǎngyào) to mean "would like".
- (to reckon):
Derived terms from 想
- “Entry #9451”, in 臺灣閩南語常用詞辭典 [Dictionary of Frequently-Used Taiwan Minnan] (in Chinese and Min Nan), Ministry of Education, R.O.C., 2011.
- Go-on: そう (sō, Jōyō)←さう (sau, historical)
- Kan-on: しょう (shō)←しやう (syau, historical)
- Kan’yō-on: そ (so, Jōyō †)
- Kun: おもい (omoi, 想い)←おもひ (omofi, historical); おもう (omou, 想う)←おもふ (omofu, historical)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text